Rentech is committed to sustainable practices. We employ good practices throughout the value chain, from procurement to processing, to ensure that each ton of wood pellets we produce meet the highest sustainability standards.
Our initial pellet facilities will utilize Crown timber in Eastern Canada. The forestry legislation of Ontario is recognized as one of the most rigorous and science-based systems for promoting long-term forest sustainability.
Sustainable forest management ensures:
- Best-in-class harvest practices
- Wildlife habitat management
- Endangered Species and Featured Species Management
- Maintenance of First Nation cultural values
- Long-term fibre supply
Ontario's stringent legislative and policy framework to safeguard forest sustainability means that forest companies operating in the province meet standards established by any third-party forest certification system, including the following internationally recognized certification systems:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA-SFM)
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI)
To review the Supply Base Report for the Atikokan plant, Click Here.
To review the Supply Base Report for the Wawa plant, Click Here.